Media Coverage of Miami

Not about good or bad coverage, bias, etc. Does anyone regularly read the Miami Herald or Sun-Sentinel sports? Or Manny now at The Athletic? I tend to breeze through these websites and rarely do I find anything of note besides a public announcement about personnel (signings, transfers, etc.).

When I was a kid in Davie in the 80’s I used to read them religiously as there was no internet then. Hell, people read The Sporting News. Kind of wondering who their audience is? Very young people? Very old people? The clueless?

Has Barry Jackson, Greg Cote, Dave Hyde, or Mike Bianchi broken a story in the past decade?

Sporting news was my favorite. Barry Jackson once made a quote up about me in one of his articles. Did not sit well with me.

1 Like

I also loved the Sporting News. If I was not such a cheapskate I would look at getting a subscription to the Athletic. I hear it is pretty good.

With that said I have been so uninterested in college football the last couple of years I have not noticed if there has been any articles written about Miami. What are they going to say. Miami will win 7 games this year? 20 years of hype that Miami is back. 20 years of Miami has hot new talent. Is Cristobal the answer? Not on game days. Can you develop talent anymore and keep them? Does not seem like it. Not going to throw to the TE’s anymore? why recruit them and not consistently move the chains. The kids we have gotten were all dance and no reason to do it. I come to this spot out of habit but was once an unhealthy habit of twice a day has happened once a week or less. Will see if I even buy a Phil Steele mag this year. My 50 year old eyes can not read the print anymore without cheaters.